Need: Flexible, Scalable, Reliable Connectivity across Sites
Today more than ever, business is about connectivity with customers, partners, the Internet, and more, which starts with bringing your own sites together, so you can align your organization and harness its power to achieve goals. You need to link individual LANs across the city, state, and region to create a corporate network that supports all of your business applications and reaches the Internet -- all with the ability to add more locations and increase bandwidth seamlessly.
Solution: Versatile, Robust Lumos Ethernet Service
Lumos Ethernet fits the bill. It provides the configuration flexibility to join sites, the bandwidth scalability to feed applications, the access to reach the Internet and private VPNs at business speeds, and the service resiliency to keep your network running. In addition, Lumos Ethernet service is MEF-certified so it interoperates smoothly with the existing networks at your sites. Lumos Ethernet is ideal for enterprises that need to connect sites with a versatile, scalable, carrier-class network fabric. Our premium fiber network reaches major markets in the mid-Atlantic, as well as outlying areas in the region not typically served by other providers.
Lumos Ethernet Benefits
- Flexibility –Lumos Ethernet service supports point-to-point and multipoint topologies to connect sites in the manner that best suits your application needs.
- Scalability – Lumos Ethernet offers a range of speeds that easily accommodate your network growth.
- Cost-efficiency – With Lumos Ethernet, you pay only for the bandwidth you need, and you can increase bandwidth without expensive equipment upgrades.
- Resiliency –Lumos Ethernet includes resiliency mechanisms to ensure traffic delivery, as well as end-to-end Quality of Service (QoS) options for traffic prioritization across the entire Lumos network path.
- Standards Compliant – Lumos Ethernet is MEF-certified to ensure that the service interoperates smoothly with your existing networks.
How Lumos Ethernet Works
Once your requirements are established for network topology and access, speed, and traffic prioritization, Lumos Ethernet service is configured to meet these needs.
Lumos Ethernet is a Layer 2 service so it is transparent to your existing network, which simplifies administration and preserves control. We connect your sites without the need for your staff to modify IP routing information or exchange it with us. In addition, your staff can make IP routing changes to your network without coordinating with Lumos. Essentially, Lumos Ethernet connects your sites without any impact to your existing IP routing; your sites operate as if they were simply connected by an Ethernet cable. Learn more about the advantages of our Layer 2 Ethernet service.
Lumos Ethernet Features and Specifications
- Topologies -- E-Line, E-LAN, E-Tree, or E-Access
- MEF Certification – for all topologies
- QoS – Multi-tier, end-to-end QoS model
- Access – Type 1 (on-net) and Type 2 (off-net)
- Ports – 10Mbps, 100Mbps, 1Gbps, and 10Gbps
- Speeds –Select speeds from 3Mbps to 10Gbps
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs) – Carrier-class for service availability