Need: Secure High-Speed Connectivity
Companies often need high-speed, secure circuits between locations to operate critical applications and transfer large amounts of sensitive information.
Solution: Private Point to Point Circuits
Lumos offers this type of connectivity through its Private Line service, which provides high-speed, private, point-to-point circuits between sites. With Private Line, your data, voice, and video travel quickly and securely between your company locations. Lumos offers Private Line service over TDM, SONET, and Ethernet over SONET.
- Security -- With Private Line, only your information travels across the link so it stays safe and secure.
- Performance – All of the bandwidth on a Private Line is yours for maximum speed and throughput.
- Customizable – The Lumos Private Line service gives you control over the protocols and bandwidth priority used on the circuit so you can customize the traffic and capacity to your needs.
- Resilience – Private Line circuits are protected by the inherent resiliency of our fiber optic network.
How Private Line Works
The Private Line service is a point-to-point connection between two locations that is dedicated to a single customer, delivered over our high-speed fiber optic network.
Features and Specifications
- Dedicated Connection – A Private Line circuit is committed to a single customer.
- Protocol Independence – The Private Line service is protocol independent and can transport data, voice, video and IP as Layer 2 or Layer 3 traffic.
- Bandwidth Management – Because a Private Line circuit is dedicated to a single customer, the customer has complete control of bandwidth prioritization and Quality of Service (QoS) on the link.
- Multiple Configurations -- Private Line circuits can be configured as a dedicated ring or a hub-and-spoke topology.
- Diversity – Diversity options are available to protect on-on net access loops for Private Line, such as a non-collapsed lateral and a dual entrance facility. The inherent resiliency of our fiber backbone, combined with access diversity, give Private Line circuits protection from end to end.
- Service Level Agreement -- Lumos provides carrier-class Service Level Agreements for service availability.
- Speeds --
- TDM: DS3
- SONET: OC3, OC12, OC48, OC192
- Ethernet over SONET: 50 Mbps, 150 Mbps, 600 Mbps, 2.5 Gbps, 10 Gbps
- Access -- Type 1/on-net or Type 2/off-net access
- Availability – Across the entire Lumos network