Wholesale Ethernet E-Access Service
As a carrier, it's not always easy to provide the connectivity your customers want, especially if they have locations outside your network footprint. They want scalable bandwidth to run data, voice, video and cloud applications and you have to deliver.
Lumos can help you extend and scale your network with our MEF-certified E-Access service We serve major markets and outlying areas in the mid-Atlantic region, enabling you to provide standards-based, scalable connectivity to customers outside your footprint who need access in these areas.
Need: Footprint Extension with Scalable Bandwidth
You need to be there for your customers – providing connectivity to their locations, whether the sites are inside or outside your network footprint, bringing the users scalable bandwidth that supports all of their applications – data, voice and video.
Solution: Wholesale Ethernet E-Access Service
When you need to reach beyond your footprint, Lumos is there for you. Our MEF-certified E-Access service extends your network and scales as your bandwidth demands grow. E-Access expands your native footprint by providing last-mile connectivity to your end users via the Lumos network, using bandwidth granularity and capacity that meets a range of application needs. Our premium fiber optic network serves major markets and outlying areas in the mid-Atlantic region. The Lumos E-Access service is ideal for providers that need standards-based, scalable connectivity to serve customers outside their footprint in these markets.
Lumos Ethernet E-Access Benefits
- Improved Time to Market – With the Lumos E-Access service, you can reach customers more quickly than building out your own network to serve their locations directly.
- Scalability – The Lumos E-Access service offers a range of speeds that easily accommodate network growth.
- Cost-efficiency – With Lumos E-Access, you pay only for the bandwidth you need, and you can increase bandwidth without expensive equipment upgrades.
- Resiliency – Lumos E-Access includes resiliency mechanisms to ensure traffic delivery, as well as end-to-end Quality of Service (QoS) options for traffic prioritization across the entire Lumos network path.
- Standards Compliance – Lumos E-Access is MEF-certified to ensure that the service interoperates smoothly with your existing networks.
How Lumos E-Access Works
E-Access is implemented in a hub configuration, with multiple Ethernet access links aggregated at a single External Network-to-Network Interface (ENNI) that serves as the demarcation/traffic exchange point between your network and the Lumos Network. Operator Virtual Connections (OVCs) are established between the ENNI and your end-user locations (UNIs).
Lumos E-Access Features and Specifications
- MEF 2.0 for all topologies
- Multi-tier, end-to-end QoS model
- LACP for ENNI link redundancy
- ENNI – 1Gbps, 10Gbps
- UNI -- 100 Mbps, 1 Gbps, 10 Gbps
- Select speeds from 3Mbps to 5Gbps
- Type 1 on-net
Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Carrier-class for service availability
- Lit Buildings 1,324
- Carrier Pops 38
- Carrier Hotels 6
- LSOs 94
- Lumos POPs 20
- Wireless MSC 12
- Cell Sites 609