Carrier Ethernet MEF Certification
Carrier Ethernet (CE) 2.0 MEF certification for E-Access identifies Lumos Networks as the first U.S provider to have met the stringent requirements that the MEF demands for certification. In addition to the E-Access service, Lumos is also MEF 2.0-certified for E-Line, E-LAN, and E-Tree services. Certification means you can depend on services provided at the highest standards with consistent networks and equipment. Standardized service means easier interconnection with other major carriers using MEF certified External Network to Network interface (E-NNI). As a carrier, you should demand MEF certification because it differentiates the level of service from one carrier to the next.
Lumos Networks can:
- Accelerate the sale of Carrier Ethernet services by saving considerable time and resources in assessing service offering
- Differentiate high quality CE 2.0 standards based service products from the offerings of other service providers
- Connect quickly based on use of CE 2.0 certified equipment
Much of the CE 2.0 MEF certification focus is on enabling more effective carrier to carrier connectivity and to create a set of standards for interconnection. In particular, E-Access is specifically designed for Lumos Networks carrier partners to expand their reach by leveraging the Lumos Fiber network via NNI's (Network to Network Interfaces). CE 2.0 certification is likely to become a requirement for carrier interconnection in 2013 and beyond, and by participating early in the certification process, Lumos Networks shows their commitment to providing the best in class Carrier Ethernet product.
Why is certification from MEF important to you as a customer?
MEF is an outside agency that tests and certifies Ethernet services to ensure that companies meet high and consistent standards allowing interconnection to other carriers worldwide.
Ethernet-based services are quickly becoming the choice of carriers and wireless providers for delivering reliability, scalability, and service management that allows expansion of the customer base to increase revenue while reducing operational expenses and supporting current and future network needs.
The most critical aspect of Ethernet is a redundant, resilient core that prevents failures from affecting customers. Lumos Networks Ethernet has inherent capabilities to rapidly detect and rapidly recover from node, link, or service failures, meeting the most demanding requirements for availability and high standards required by Carriers and Wireless Providers.
Another significant attribute of Carrier Ethernet is its ability to quickly scale. Speed increases within port limits occur within hours, not days, to provide immediate network relief. Lumos provides 24x7 monitoring through our Networks Operation Center (NOC) for quick diagnosis and response to meet stringent service level agreement requirements.
1. Scalable bandwidth
- ENNI speeds at 1Gbps and 10Gbps
- UNI speeds at 100Mbps, 1Gbps, and 10Gbps
- EVC/OVC at select speeds from 3Mbps to 10Gbps
2. Enhanced business continuity
- Reliable access and core network architecture
- Dependable fiber-based services vs. aging copper or coaxial plant
- Available local access enhancements (dual entry, protected lateral, etc.)
3. Service Level Agreement guarantees
- 100% uptime guaranteed
- One-way Frame delay < 10ms
- 24 x 7 Network Operations Center monitoring of the network
- 48 hour network maintenance notifications