Lumos Networks, a Segra Company, has been closely monitoring the impact of COVID-19. Our top priority is to ensure the health and safety of our employees while we maintain our high-level of service and network reliability. We remain committed to ensuring that our service connects our customers to whatever is most important in their world.
Lumos Networks is using our resources to help alleviate some of the disruption and communication challenges brought on by the COVID-19 situation. In addition to many other programs, we have:
- Established a cross-functional task force to monitor and implement prevention and preparedness measures. This task force follows guidelines set forth by appropriate health authorities including Centers for Disease Control.
- Joined the FCC’s “Keep Americans Connected Pledge” to maintain customer connectivity and waive late fees, and increased bandwidth for customers on basic Internet plans.
- Created a web page for easy to find COVID-19 updates.
- Encouraged Lumos Networks employees to work at home, wherever possible, and supported remaining at home if they exhibit symptoms of cold or flu.
- Increased the availability of hand sanitizer, masks, and additional cleaning supplies for field, retail, warehouse, and high-touch office spaces.
- Increased signage to remind employees about healthy practices to prevent the spread of illness, including messaging about covering your cough, washing hands and using hand sanitizer.
- Increased awareness that phishing tactics and scammers could exploit the COVID-19 situation to draw victims into situations that could allow hackers access to sensitive information.
- Increased the scrutiny process for maintenance, delivery, and building visitors.
- Added precautionary and preventive processes to installation and repair, and minimized public exposure in retail stores.
- Waived payment-processing fees to make it easier for customers to pay by phone.
We take human health and safety seriously, and we understand the anxiety and concern around these topics. We also know that focusing our efforts on improvements, and applying trusted methods to our daily operations, will have a significant and positive impact.
Concerns, questions or feedback can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.