Need: Maximum Bandwidth
Content is exploding, online transactions are growing exponentially, cloud applications abound, and the need for information storage and business continuity is greater than ever. In this environment, content and data are king, which means bandwidth is too. Enterprise and carriers must have high capacity connectivity to move these mountains of information.
Solution: Highest Capacity Connectivity
Lumos' Wavelength service provides organizations with our fastest, highest capacity, point-to-point pipes, up to 100 Gbps, which are ideal for the biggest data demands.
- Performance – All of the bandwidth on a Wavelength is yours for maximum speed and throughput.
- Efficiency – You can operate a single wavelength instead of multiple smaller waves or private lines, which saves the capital expense and resources associated with increased links.
- Security -- With the Wavelength service, only your information travels across the circuit so it stays safe and secure.
- Customizable – The Lumos Wavelength service gives you control over the protocols and bandwidth priority used on the link, allowing you to customize the traffic and capacity allocation to your needs.
How the Wavelength Service Works
The Wavelength service is a point-to-point connection between two locations that is dedicated to a single customer and provisioned on our high-speed fiber optic backbone.
- Speeds –2.5 Gbps, 10 Gbps, 100 Gbps
- Access -- Type 1/on-net
- Protocol Independence – The Wavelength service is protocol independent and can transport data, voice, video and IP as Layer 2 or Layer 3 traffic.
- Bandwidth Management – Because a Wavelength is dedicated to a single customer, the customer has complete control of bandwidth prioritization and Quality of Service (QoS) on the link.
- Configurations – Multiple wavelengths can be configured as a dedicated ring or a hub-and-spoke topology.
- Diversity – Route diversity is available for the Wavelength service to create protected paths across the WAN, and the Lumos Local Ring Enhancement service provides diversity options for on-net access loops.
- Service Level Agreement -- Lumos provides carrier-class Service Level Agreements for service availability.