Lumos Networks E-rate Information
Lumos Networks supports the Universal Service Fund for schools and libraries and can provide assistance with E-Rate eligible services you are using currently or exploring, including but not limited to Direct Internet Access, Data services, Ethernet, Primary and / or Back up connections, Voice services and more that help your district and or library achieve your educational and administrative goals.
2015 brings exciting enhancements to the E-Rate programming by The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) adopting the E-rate Modernization Order on July 11, 2014. The FCC adopts as its first goal ensuring affordable access to high-speed broadband sufficient to support digital learning in schools and robust connectivity for all libraries. The State Education Technology Directors Association (SETDA) recommends Internet access for schools be at least 100 Mbps per 1,000 students and staff (users) in the short term and 1 Gbps Internet access per 1,000 users in the longer term.
Our network and our local, dedicated sales and engineering team can help with:
- 21st Century (sometimes referred to as 1-1 initiative) connectivity needs resulting from providing digital learning devices, including tablets, laptops, smartboards and more
- Access for Student learning portals, databases (PowerSchool, Blackboard and others)
- Back up and Disaster Recovery options
- Voice services
- Data services, including connectivity for your online testing requirements
- Bandwidth for video applications
Contact our E-Rate Team
To learn more about Lumos Networks educational expertise and custom solutions for your school or library please visit Our Education Page.