Dedicated Internet Service
Need: High Performance Internet Access
In today ’s business world, resilient high-speed Internet connectivity is a must-have for corporate systems and presence with customers. Your website and servers, email program, video conferencing service, hosted applications, file transfers, and more, hinge on your Internet connection and its performance.
Solution: Dedicated Internet Connectivity and Burstable Bandwidth
Lumos Dedicated Internet Access (DIA) provides a secure, reliable connection to the Internet that has guaranteed bandwidth. This combination of dedicated bandwidth and resilient access helps ensure that your business is always online, at the speed you need.
Lumos Dedicated Internet Benefits
- Increases productivity by providing the reliable, high performance Internet access employees and systems need to operate every day.
- Offers scalability by supporting a range of access speeds, so you can grow your Internet bandwidth as your online business needs increase.
How Dedicated Internet Access Works
Your site is connected to the Lumos Internet POP by local access. The bandwidth on the loop is dedicated, not shared, which preserves the Internet connection speed since there is no competition for the bandwidth.
- Dedicated Access – Your bandwidth connection to the Internet is not shared, giving you reliably fast access to the web.
- Synchronous Upload and Download – Internet upload and download speeds are the same, enabling the consistent access performance needed for online transactions to complete quickly.
- Bandwidth Scalability – DIA bandwidth can be increased to 5G speeds as access needs grow.
- Resiliency – Lumos DIA is delivered over an Active Optical Network (AON) and implemented with ring topology, both of which protect your Internet access with re-routing capability to ensure your business can reach the web. For additional resiliency, DIA uses carrier-class equipment, with battery backup, on the customer premises.
- DDoS Mitigation – Lumos DIA includes automatic, real-time protection against DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacks to preserve the availability and performance of your Internet access. DDoS protection is provided at no additional charge.
- Carrier-Class Service Level Agreement (SLA) – Lumos provides carrier-class SLAs for service availability.
- Multi-Service Support – The DIA connection can support other Lumos network services, providing a single network for your telecommunication needs. If the connection includes Lumos VoIP, QoS (Quality of Service) prioritizes bandwidth for this Lumos traffic. In addition, interoffice traffic can be separated from Internet traffic for security purposes.
- Multi-Site Support – DIA can connect multiple sites to bring current and future locations online.
- Speeds -- 3Mbps, 5Mbps, 10Mbps, 20Mbps, 50Mbps, 100Mbps, 200Mbps, 500Mbps, 1Gbps, 2Gbps, 3Gbps, 4Gbps, 5Gbps, 6Gbps, 7Gbps, and 8Gbps
- Ports – 10/100Mbps, 1Gbps, 10Gbps
- Access -- Type 1/on-net or Type 2/off-net access
- Availability – Across the entire Lumos network